Wednesday 6 February 2013

Making Goo

Well I'm back! My studies are eventually finished and my heart is back in the classroom. The year has been a bit disruptive for my class but I must say that I am very proud of the way that they have managed. Thank you Grade 2's for being the special adaptive bunch that you are!

We read " Bad Luck Duck!" which the children thoroughly enjoyed. Duck got stuck in gooey mud so Mel and I decided to make some goo and do some creative writing. It was such a wonderful experience...... mix maizena ,water and a bit of food colouring and guess what you have ......GOO! Some of the expressions were priceless especially the one group of Esihle, Adenika and Yashav..... they had a ball!






But that is not to say that the other groups were any less enthusiastic.......







After packing everything away we spoke about what the goo felt like and many exciting ideas came up........



 and one little soul even said that it reminded him of a falling waterfall as it trickled out between his fingers while another piped up that it was 'just like melting wax from a candle' or even 'melting ice-cream'!

A wonderful time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment