Friday 15 February 2013

Planting herbs

As a school we continue to try and encourage recycling and looking after our environment. One of the mini-projects we have decided to embark on this term is growing herbs within our classroom. Mrs van Elden has supplied each class with a tray of seedlings - we have sweet basil! I decided to keep up with the theme of recycling so we cut the tops off 2l coke bottles and filled them with soil and planted the seedlings in them. As I have 20 children in my class they will each get a chance to plant with me at break ....so far we have 11 bottles with seedlings in them! I must say the children love it! Veyakhar even brought some mint cuttings from home that have germinated beautifully! If any parents want to donate a tray of herbs I would love to hear from you so that we can really get a WONDERFUL herb garden going! Here are some pictures of some of the children who have planted with me so far ....







No comments:

Post a Comment