Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentines Day Surprise

Mel and I decided to read 'Guess how much I love you' with the children this week. It is a delightful story and really lent itself to a Valentine Theme.  

We invited our parents to join us yesterday just before closing time to celebrate our week of 'Valentine'! 











We had baked pigs ears .....





 cut up watermelon and give each parent a wineglass of red juice! The children sang a song and then each group performed a little 'play' based on the story illustrating how much they loved their parents! It was all their own work and some of the descriptions were delightful....

I love my parents until numbers end!
I love my parents more than their are grains of sand on the beach
I love my parents more than their are people in the world!
I love my parents more than all the flowers in the world!

We ended the assembly with a poem 

Today is the day for love to shine
And many will ask, “Will you be mine?”
Although we are small, we have love to share
With all you mums and dads sitting over there
We love you all, from the soles of our feet
Way, way up to where the stars meet
So as we throw our beautiful jets
Catch them quick…..
                                      All our love you will get!




Thank you to all the Parents for your wonderful support


No comments:

Post a Comment