Friday 9 May 2014

Catching up on last term

I think that the term was so long last term that we all ran out of energy! I certainly put all my effort into teaching so I'm afraid the blog lost out a bit!

We had a fabulous two weeks. We were concentrating on the 'a-e' sound so Mel and I made a factual reading book on snakes. We read this information every day using a Prezi presentation so the children really got reading and learning facts all at the same time. We then made information posters which the children ended up doing so well.  Each child was responsible for making 2 pages :
S = slithering (snakes intro page)  
N = natural habitat  
A =  Appearance   
K = kinds of snakes  
E  = eating habits   
S = senses. 
I was so impressed with the way they worked together and how much they remembered!








We ended the week by making 'Flame Snakes' ! We bought dough from the local shops, divided them between the children , rolled them onto sticks and 'braaied' them. What fun!

















Mel then pour syrup to make them beautifully glossy and very ..............

EDIBLE!







No comments:

Post a Comment